Our schools offer Art or Drama Therapy.
Our Therapists work alongside school staff in order to support the emotional wellbeing of our pupils. They are qualified therapists and are registered with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
Why Creative Therapy in Education?
- When children and young people are experiencing emotional difficulties, this has an impact on their ability to learn and inclusion in school life. Creative Therapy can help elevate some of these difficulties.
- Our therapists work as part of the school team. Therefore pupils are seen in school, in a safe, confidential space and do not need to travel to a clinic or hospital.
- Creative Therapy doesn’t depend on spoken language and therefore can be helpful to anyone who finds it difficult to express their thoughts and feelings verbally.
- Therapy can help to identify new strategies for managing feelings, thoughts and behaviours. The therapist’s role is to enable communication of the young person’s thoughts and feelings through creativity.
- Creative Therapy can build resilience in the young person, encourage and support the young person, their Parents/ Carers and teachers through the process of positive change.